The ground floor of the central tower demonstrates the defiant castle-like architecture of the church. It houses a belfry with twelve bells supported on strong oak posts and struts, a construction from the 17th century, the work of the carpenter Stephan Hölscher. Two of the bells have inscriptions from 1434 and 1533, while three more bear the date 1646 and the coat of arms of Abbess Claudia Serapia von Wolkenstein, who commissioned them to be cast.
Between the two portals which lead to the nave is a wooden baroque statue of St Nepomuk.
The church building was restored 1955 – 62, and then in 1965 the bronze entrance door, together with the north and south doors, was created by the artist Heinrich Gerhard Bücker (1922 – 2008). It features motifs from the Apokalypse of St John, and Christ on the Day of Judgement.