The church was restored 1955 – 62, during which time the artist, Heinrich Gerhard Bücker (1922 – 2008), designed new windows, a more modern interior, and three bronze doors. The subject of the relief on the main door is the Apokalypse of St John, and on the north door the original sin of the first pair of mankind.
The door to the south transept represents the story of the founding of the convent and the church in Freckenhorst. It is a picture of the founders Everword and Geva, together with Thiatildis. The figure of Thiatildis forms the top of the triangle of figures, and is surrounded by seven rock crystals, a reference to her saintliness and her importance for the founding of the convent in the 9th century.