One of the three tabernacle towers from around 1500 constitutes one of the most valuable gothic items in the church. It is a rectangular cabinet with a keel arch on all four sides, culminating in a canopy tower.
Lit up behind the cabinet door is the most valuable relic in the church, part of the Holy Cross, together with votive offerings. The veneration of the Cross in Freckenhorst is believed to date from the time of the first abbess of the convent, and it is alluded to in the archives of the 11th century. A relic of the Cross is specifically mentioned in connection with a pilgrimage in 1312, and in 1350 the Holy Cross Brotherhood was founded. With the Reformation and its influence on the convent, came the loss of the relic, and then, with the replacement from Rome in 1743, the foundations were laid for the Festival of the Discovery of the Cross, which is still celebrated on the Sunday after May 3rd as „“Krüssingfest“ with a procession and a church service.
The relic is encapsulated in an oval rock crystal in the middle of a volute base decorated with silver trellis work. Standing on it is a stone cross encased in silver decorated with imitation precious stones, a creation of the Warendorf artist Joseph Hartmann.