In this chapel there are some very valuable works of art, in particular the font, which is the most important stone font in Germany from the first half of the 12th century. A Latin inscription referring to the consecration of the church in 1129 separates two sets of pictures. Round the top of the font is a frieze of leaves and curved ribs. The subject of the pictures is the salvation from sin and death through baptism.The six lions in the lower part represent evil, which has been defeated. The head of Daniel among them demonstrates the certainty of salvation for believers. The seven low-reliefs in the upper part demonstrate salvation through baptism. The scenes, separated by pillars and set within arches, show the Annunciation, the birth of Christ, his baptism in the River Jordan, the Crucifixion, the Resurrection and Christ’s descent into hell, the Ascension of Christ witnessed by the twelve apostles, and the Last Judgement.
On the inner wall is a crucifix from 1680 and three panels of the Warendorf winged-altar from the late middle ages, attributed to the artist Konrad von Soest. The middle section of the tryptich altar with the scene of the Crucifixion can be seen in the Warendorf parish church, St Laurentius. The panels in Freckenhorst show the dramatic scene of the betrayal and capture of Christ, the flagellation of Christ, and descent of the Holy Spirit to the Virgin and the Apostles.
On the outer wall of the chapel are the bronze coats of arms taken from the tombstones of the Westphalian aristocratic abbesses of the convent.