At the end of Everword Strasse an entrance gate leads to the site of Castle Westerholt. The brick building on the right-hand side was built by Abbess Franziska Lucia von Korff for the convent servants in 1788. After the dissolution of the convent it changed hands several times until in 1978 it came into the possession of the family of the present owner.
The castle was built in 1740 by the Paderborn court architect, Franz Christoph Nagel, as a residence for Abbess Clara Franziska von Westerholt-Lembeck. The main entrance of the two-storey building on a high base faces south. A curved staircase leads to a central round-arched entrance; a balcony and the coat of arms of the abbess are additional decorative features.
After the dissolution of the convent the Prussians took possession of the building in 1811. In 1841 the family von Merveldt bought it, and through marriage, the family von Westerholt lives there today. They open up the garden for church processions, concerts and local parades.